Andrea Hernandez -Teasdale
Are you looking for a company that inspires you to do great things? We are looking for leaders that want the opportunity to improve their community, teach others healthy habits, and impact the lives of hundreds of youth. At the YMCA we are on a relentless quest to make our communities stronger through people like you working within our 15 branches. Apply today to be a Summer Aquatics Coordinator at the Watts Maryvale Family YMCA.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Coordinates aquatic programs to meet the needs of the community and meet Y objectives.
- Develops and maintains programs in accordance with organizational and operational plans.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete; provide training as needed.
- Schedule pool to include swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team functions.
- Conduct certification classes including: lifeguard, swim instructor, first aid, and CPR.
- Market and distribute program information to members and the community at large.
- Assists in monitoring program budgets to meet fiscal objectives; assists in fund raising.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Complies with all Aquatic Cabinet responsibilities, including attending meetings as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum of two years working as a lifeguard, swim instructor, water fitness instructor or swim coach.
- Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness for applicable certifications.
- Ability to think in the abstract, solve problems, and make quick decisions under stress.
- Ability to effectively communicate information with members, peers and supervisors.
- Must be observant, safety conscious, and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
• Free YMCA Family Membership • Program Discounts • Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued) • Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings • Employee and Employer Retirement Contribution Options (eligibility required) • Employee Assistant Program
To Apply please visit valleyymca.org/careers