Phoenix MBDA Center
Reports to: Director, Phoenix MBDA Business Center
***This consulting opportunity is associated with a federal grant, and ends on March 31, 2021 unless grant funding is renewed.***
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Consulting:
- Conduct individual client counseling including: on general business administration, marketing analysis, and financial analysis,
- Provide guidance on DBE, 8A and other minority certification, and
- Financial Consulting:
- Counsel clients with financial analysis, development of financial statements, cash-flow projections, break-even analysis, and financial packaging.
- Prepare and coordinate loan documentation for client business loans.
- Develop strong relationships with various forms of financing institutions;
- Provide assistance with contracting:
- Coordinate bid-matching services for government and private procurement opportunities.
- Assist clients with counseling for response to RFPs, identify teaming partners, facilitate partnerships and communicate with contracting officers.
- Support the analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation of all projects
- Work with clients to meet project performance expectations
- Monitor the market trends to develop products and improve existing products and services
- Business administration assistance includes office management systems and procedures, and general administrative counseling.
- Assist Project Director with other related program activities, market promotion, and community outreach.
Required Job Skills
- Business consulting experience as well as the ability to communicate, execute, and deploy solutions to general business issues, effective problem-solving skills, strong finance management skills.
- Experience in government procurement principles and procedures, government contracting experience as well as general business experience is desired.
- Knowledge of exporting
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building strong client relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple assignments, organize work, and assign priorities with minimal supervision and must be self-motivated. Also, Ability to proactively manage client activity, including database entry of activities performed, prepare reports, monitor goal activity.
- Some overnight travel is required. The consultant is expected to travel to meet with clients, other service providers and collaborate on events, educate local, state, and federal representatives about the MBDA program.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree (Master's degree preferred) in business, Supply Chain Management, or Contracting and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. Preferred candidate will have at least three years of experience in consulting, government contracting, loan packaging, financial analysis and cash-flow projection. Additional preference will be given to candidates who have any of the following skills: consulting experience with small and/or minority businesses; expertise in teaming/partnerships; export; international entrepreneurship.
Please send your resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to Alika Kumar via email at email@example.com, or via mail at the address below.