Girl Scouts ACPC - Membership Recruitment Executive - East Valley
Position Summary Primary duty is to support the East Valley Membership Team’s year-round girl and volunteer recruitment efforts. Holds area-wide recruitment events, determines prime locations and making initial contacts with schools and potential partners for recruiting events and programs, and help support new volunteers in navigating the startup process.
Must be Bilingual English/Spanish. Reports to: East Area Team
FLSA Status: Regular, full-time, exempt Essential Functions
- Develops and delivers targeted area-wide recruitment events
- Collaborates with members of assigned area team to further the goals and objectives of the Girl Scouts— Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, Inc.
- Projects specific targets for membership growth by analyzing data on demographics, membership trends, and minority populations.
- Recruits a strong volunteer corps to serve girls in the community.
- Fosters a commitment to a team approach to work.
- Builds support within the community by promoting the visibility for the Girl Scout organization.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work/volunteer experience.
• Behavior consistent with the core competencies, core values, and beliefs of the organization.
• Technical ability, skill, and experience with computer input and software. Individuals experienced with Windows environment preferred.
• Understands and/or has experience with team-focused work performance.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including correct spelling and grammar usage.
• Must have the necessary skills required to collect, evaluate and creatively utilize data in planning and problem solving.
• Ability to network and cultivate community relationships.
• Experience with, and understanding of, volunteer management systems.
• Ability to manage a multi-project workload, to exercise initiative and meet deadlines.
• Must have ability to recognize and handle matters of a confidential nature appropriately and in the strictest confidence.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required, with the ability to speak, read and write in both languages.
• Must have a valid AZ driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation for daily travel.
• Access to a personal computer.
• Able to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must have the physical ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds without difficulty
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Willingness to fully participate in staff development opportunities (when offered) and to take responsibility for self-directed learning.
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the Girl Scout program.
• Experience in grant writing.
• Data clean-up and analysis in order to identify where we have more opportunity for recruitment at schools with few or no traditional troops
• Pinpointing and participating in Community Events to increase our visibility in the East Area
• Help determine prime locations for GSYes Programming (keeping in mind our DEI goals)
• Be a Bridge in helping transition programs to volunteer led troops by providing some leader coaching
• Hold the Area-wide recruitment events (seek grant funding, manage logistics, etc.) for Families in the Park, Play Like a Girl Scout and others.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative, Development, Marketing
Powered By GrowthZone