Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise? Are you capable of problem solving and generating creative solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Quality Manager to lead, document, monitor, and analyze the quality system for projects. Also, ensure necessary corrective and preventative actions are taken. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Incorporate and lead the quality system on medium to large sized projects
- Lead planning, development, and implementation of the Quality Management Plan and system for all work divisions from notice to proceed through final customer acceptance
- Establish and lead quality control initiatives, activities (Three-Phase Inspection Process), and corrective actions
- Review project plans for quality requirements prior to Issue for Construction drawings
- Lead Quality Events and corrective actions
- Manage Non-Conformance Notices and the Request for Information process through corrective actions
- Resolve issues with and without mentorship from the Project Manager or Superintendent
- Oversee and coordinate third party peer design and third party testing agencies
- Lead the punch list identification and closeout process
- Make and implement recommendations as necessary
Handle subcontracts and suppliers for the project
- Visit suppliers to review quality program for vital project components
Coach and mentor Field Engineer(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Train others on Kaizen event roles or visual management
- Participate in and lead group Kaizen activities
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Maintain quality processes until project completion
- Complete special projects or initiatives as assigned by the operating group quality director
- Assure project success if required to run a project or portion of a project as a Project Manager or Superintendent
How will you succeed?
- Strong attention to detail to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Primavera Unifier
- Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of one or more quality systems: i.e., Malcolm Baldridge, ISO 9000, Lean, Kaizen, Army Corps of Engineers, Mortenson’s Quality System, continuous improvement, value streams, etc
- Minimum three years’ experience in the design, engineering, or construction industry with experience leading a project’s quality system
- Experience with issue management, and inspection of work put in place
- Completed training in basic project management and supervision
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Please click on the link to apply online - https://careers-mortenson.icims.com/jobs/7128/quality-manager/job