Remote Engineering Manager
As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our Assessments team has a simple mission: help candidates get the right job. We let people build a profile to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and abilities using job assessments… we’re trying to make the resume a thing of the past.
Our team is highly distributed geographically so this position is open to remote candidates in most of the US and Canada as well as in our offices in Austin and San Francisco.
Our team is nimble and scrappy. We ship new capabilities often and quickly by explicitly asking ourselves the 80/20 question a.k.a. the Pareto Principle.
- Provide technical direction to a team of 5-8 developers
- Conduct 1:1 with your team, giving them constructive feedback
- Grow each members career at Indeed
- Help make decisions on architecture to scale to the (n) millions of users
- Stay technical with part of your time dedicated to coding
- Build the core functionality of our assessments platform and own design and execution
- Develop our API and integrations with external applicant tracking systems like Greenhouse and Jobvite
- Scale to serve 100M+ job seekers
- 2+ years managing a team of software developers
- Experience conducting code reviews, performance reviews and 1:1s
- 5+ years industry experience in Java, Python or Ruby on Rails.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Must have experience with architecture and scalable systems
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have a passion for performance and scalability
- Have a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Significant experience with large-scale, high-performance systems
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
- Deep understanding of software architecture and backend systems
- Have worked on high scale products who run complex systems
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy