Senior Program Director
Established in April of 2008, the Watts Maryvale YMCA began to provide programs and services that promote our four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibilty. To support our multi-cultural population the Watts Maryvale YMCA is seeking a strong leader fluent in Spanish and English who will provide direction and support to various programs of the branch This position will be responsible for budget management, staff retention, branch marketing, external outreach, relationship building, strategic planning and staff development.
What You Will Be Doing?
1. Oversee, develop, implement, and manage operating plans to promote programs and/or membership growth for the Watts Maryvale YMCA.
2. Develop and maintain a strong relationship in the Maryvale community to advance the mission of the YMCA.
3. Develop and control department budgets related to the position so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
4. Ensure high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, demonstrating courageous and intelligent risk taking with awareness of societal, economic, and political issues and their impact on the strategic direction of the organization.
What You Will Bring:
1. Spanish/English bilingual strongly desirable.
2. Has a current, or the ability to establish, a deep community and cultural understanding of the Maryvale community and it's needs.
3. Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
4. YMCA Team Leader or Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
5. Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
6. Ability to direct programs through positive supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
7. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
How You Will Benefit:
• Paid Leadership Development Training • 12% employer-funded, fully vested retirement plan • 403(b) pre-tax savings plan on your first day of employment • Excellent health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance • Complimentary YMCA family membership with program discounts • Discounted preschool and childcare • Generous paid time off package including Paid Time Off and Sick Time