Business Bootcamp / New Member Orientation
- Registration: 8:30am-9:00am
- Program: 9:00am-10:00am
- Member Orientation: 10:00am-10:30am
Employment Law Update and Trending Workplace Issues for 2020
Join us at our next Business Bootcamp/Member Orientation! We will have a special presentation by subject matter expert, Travis Pacheco, Attorney at Fennemore Craig, P.C.
The primary topics to be covered in this presentation are:
- The new Department of Labor (“DOL”) regulation increasing the salary level for overtime-exempt employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), effective January 1, 2020.
- The new DOL rule going into effect regarding joint employer liability under the FLSA, effective March 16, 2020.
- Status on medical marijuana in the workplace in Arizona
- Arizona’s Paid Sick Time refresher, pitfalls, and FAQs
- Social media policies – best practices
After the presentation, we will have our staff present to answer your particular questions during our Member Orientation. If you are a new member, current member, or future member of the chamber, this is a great one-stop-shop resource to gain insight in to all the different initiatives the chamber is a part of.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network among other valley professionals. Bring your business cards for a chance to win some great raffle prizes. We look forward to seeing you there!